Eye conditions in cattle – treat conditions with Mibazon from Biotur
Biotur is a reliable distributor of PET, VET, and DDD products, providing you with the most effective medicines to treat or alleviate various health problems of farm pets. Eye conditions in cattle are common, and farmers need to be prepared with the right drugs to treat these conditions.
Mibazon is medicine recommended by veterinarians to treat eye diseases in cattle. Also, other target species are dogs and cats. Mibazon ointment contains three antibiotics that make it effective against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, Mycoplasma sp., Ricketsia sp., involved in skin infections, eye infections and mammary gland infections. This ointment is a treatment for various skin conditions such as abscesses, fistulas, wounds, keratitis, blepharitis, conjunctivitis and mastitis produced by Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria sensitive to tetracycline, erythromycin and neomycin in cattle, dogs and cats.
Mibazon contains the three effective antibiotics that fight against the bacteria that are at the root of various eye diseases in cattle:
– Tetracycline is an antibiotic with a bacteriostatic effect against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. Tetracycline acts bacteriostatically, inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis by reversibly binding to the 30S ribosomal subunit of bacteria.
– Erythromycin is an antibiotic from the macrolide group with a bacteriostatic effect against Gram-positive bacteria (Staphylococcus, Streptococcus sp.), Mycoplasma sp., Ricketsia sp. Erythromycin acts bacteriostatically, inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis by reversibly binding to the 50S ribosomal subunit of bacteria.
– Neomycin is an aminoglycoside antibiotic with a bactericidal effect against Gram-negative bacteria (Escherichia coli, Brucella abortus) and Gram-positive bacteria (Streptococcus spp). Neomycin binds irreversibly to the 30S ribosomal subunit, inhibiting bacterial protein synthesis and cell death.
Prednisolone, delta-1-hydrocortisone, has anti-inflammatory, lymphocytic and hepatic glycogenesis-stimulating action. Prednisolone is used as an anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic.
Eye conditions in cattle – types
There are various eye infections in cattle. A cow’s eyes are sensitive and vulnerable, and if they are subjected to harmful external factors, there is a high chance of infection. Farmers must detect these eye diseases early and treat them properly.
The most common eye conditions in cattle are:
– Conjunctivitis – this condition presents itself as a transparent film covering the eye’s surface and part of the eyelid. The causes of conjunctivitis in cattle are strong blows in the eye area. Inflammation can occur due to foreign objects that have fallen under the eyelid. Eye problems can also occur when the eyelid turns inward and the eyelashes scratch the eye’s surface. Conjunctivitis can also develop due to other infectious diseases, chemical impact or allergies (the amount of proteins in the composition of tears increases, so an optimal environment for the development of bacteria develops on the surface of the eye). The main symptoms are a slight increase in the cow’s body temperature; redness of the conjunctiva; swelling of the eyelids; the development of photophobia, due to which the animal constantly keeps its eyes half closed; superficial or deep inflammatory injection of blood vessels.
– Keratitis (inflammation of the cornea) develops due to blows, thermal burns, exposure to chemical substances, and infectious diseases. The main symptoms of this condition are a slight disturbance of the eye’s cornea and the appearance of fog on its surface, photophobia, lacrimation, injection of deep or superficial blood vessels, and a purulent form of the disease.
These eye conditions in cattle and others can be treated with Mibozon ointment, available at Biotur Shop. Mibozon is also used to treat mastitis in cattle. To successfully treat mastitis in cows, the following procedure must be followed: isolate sick animals from healthy ones and take hygiene measures.
Disinfect the udder of the sick animal and the hands of the milker before milking.
Keep the tube in warm water, 35-40ºC, before use, for a more straightforward introduction to the medicine. The longe is sterilized by boiling.
The affected quarters must be milked after the milking of the healthy quarters, and the milk will be collected separately and will not be used for human consumption or animal feed.
Fit the polyethylene tube to the medicine tube. By gentle manipulation, to avoid injuring the mucosa, insert the tube through the nipple hole and press the tube until 1/6 of its content is deposited as far as possible towards the base. The longe is withdrawn and inserted into a dish with disinfectant, after which it is destroyed. Gently massage the udder after introducing the medicine. If the treatment was applied early, two administrations of Mibazon are usually sufficient for healing. In chronic mastitis, it is recommended to continue the treatment for 3-4 days. In more severe cases, combining medicine with antibiotics or sulfonamides is recommended in a general way.
Eye conditions in cattle – treat animals with Biotur products
Eye conditions in cattle must be treated immediately to avoid complications.
Biotur is a distributor of PET, VET AND DDD products. Our customers are satisfied with the proven promptness, variety of products and quality.