Today, the range of cat food is varied. Thus, pet owners do not know which is the right choice for their pets. Dry food or wet food? Your cat or dog should have a balanced diet that contains the right vitamins and nutrients for healthy and harmonious development. Your lifestyle, as well as the various ailments your pet may suffer from, should be considered when choosing cat food.
Cat food should be chosen carefully so that your pet does not have any health problems. You certainly don’t want your cat to need constant visits from your veterinarian. Biotur presents your guide for feeding your cat and our recommendations on premium food.
Cat food – how to make the best choice
Cat food is essential for your pet’s lifestyle. Your little cat needs a balanced, nutrient-rich diet that provides her with the energy she needs every day. Every cat needs the following essential, basic elements of any cat’s nutrition. Thus, we need to include in our pet food:
Taurine is an essential amino acid for the heart, retina, and reproductive function. Taurine also supports blood circulation and has an antioxidant effect, protecting against aging. It is crucial for cat food to have a high taurine content, as cats cannot produce it independently. Also, if there is a taurine deficiency, there is a risk that the cat may develop a heart condition called dilated cardiomyopathy (CMD).
– Protein from a specific source of meat, fish, or poultry; Cats need a significant amount of protein, as they are an essential energy source. Protein is also necessary for the harmonious development of our pet and contributes to its development, healing, and healthy gestation.
– Other vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and fatty acids – vitamins and enzymes have different roles in the body, such as regulation of calcium and phosphorus metabolism, protection against cell oxidation, blood cell formation and coagulation, hormone synthesis as part of the reproductive process, or regulating the growth of epidermal cells (the outer layer of the skin) and sebum production. Also, fatty acids have structural roles for cells or act as precursors of certain hormones.
Cat food by age
When choosing cat food, we must also take into account the pet’s age. In the first part of life, the kittens will be fed with the mother’s breast milk or with milk powder adapted to the needs of the kittens. From the age of one and a half months, the cat will be able to eat wet food specially designed for chickens, which will be supplemented with dry food. It is advisable to avoid feeding cats up to 20 weeks old with raw meat. It is also not advisable to give your cat boiled bones, as it can drown them.
If the cat has been neutered, the pet’s diet should be changed. It is essential to choose dry food to protect your cat’s kidneys and prevent obesity. Also, with sterilization, the caloric requirement decreases by up to 30%.
Cat food – what foods to avoid
Cat food should be rich in protein, vitamins, and other necessary enzymes, but certain elements should be forbidden to cats. Most of the time, pet owners do not make a selection of foods that their cat or dog does not consume. The cat should not eat the following:
– Milk and dairy – even though cats love milk and dairy products, little cats are lactose intolerant. The digestive system of cats cannot process dairy products, and this can lead to diarrhea or other complications that may occur due to this condition.
– Onions andgarlic – these foods, if taken regularly, will affect the red blood cells in the cat’s blood, which can lead to anemia.
– Grapes and raisins – your cat may suffer from kidney failure if he eats these two foods, even in small amounts. So, try to keep your cat away from grapes and raisins.
– Chocolate – this food is one of the most toxic to cats, as it can cause an irregular heartbeat, seizures, or even death. What makes chocolate such a problem is theobromine, a component of cocoa beans.
– Liver – you can include liver in your cat’s food, but in small amounts. If consumed in excess, the liver can cause excess vitamin A, affecting the cat’s bone system, causing conditions such as osteoporosis or even death.
– Raw eggs – Your cat should not eat raw eggs, as eggs can have different bacteria such as Salmonella. Also, egg whites are not suitable for pets. They contain a protein called avidin, which binds to vitamin B7, and the cat’s body cannot absorb it. If you want to include eggs in your cat’s diet, you can do so, but in small quantities. Boil the egg, remove the shell, and your cat can enjoy a limited amount.
Cat food provided by Biotur
The cat food offered by Biotur is suitable for your pet, as it contains all the nutrients necessary for healthy development. We find a wide variety of products on the market, but how do we choose the best food?
When choosing cat food, we need to consider several things, such as the animal’s age, the breed, and whether or not it is spayed. Biotur Shop offers super-premium food. Specially designed for pets, the food provided by Biotur is specially designed for your cat. Cats deserve the best, and non-speaking friends prefer the quality and flavor of dry food offered by Biotur.
In the Chicopee range, Biotur offers three ranges:
Biotur is at your disposal with the latest news about your pet. On the Biotur Shop platform, you can buy the products necessary for the healthy development of the animals, with PET, VET products, and products for rodent control.
Alexandria, jud Teleorman, Șos. Turnu Măgurele, Km 5