Cat fleas – Control and prevention
Cat fleas? No problem! Biotur offers you the best methods to combat fleas.
Fleas can affect pets, giving them an itchy feeling, but they can also cause other health problems. Various effective products on the market can keep these pests at bay.
Cats can get fleas from other symptoms. There are various methods by which we can remove these pests from pets, from shampoos to antiparasitic pipettes.
Cat fleas – symptoms
The presence of fleas in cats can be observed if the little feline shows the following symptoms:
– Itching and skin irritation
– Excessive licking and biting of fur
– Pale lips and gums
– Constant and persistent scratching
You can also tell very quickly if your cat has fleas by the presence of flea feces – they can be most easily seen on animals with light-coloured fur.
The cat must be regularly dewormed both externally and internally. The external parasites we can encounter in our cats are also called ectoparasites. The main external parasites are ticks, fleas and mites.
Fleas are the primary external parasites found in cats and dogs. Fleas multiply quickly, so in just 12 months, they can produce millions of pups. Fleas are external parasites that feed on the blood of the parasitized animal. Cats can pick up fleas from another cat very quickly.
Getting rid of fleas on cats can be difficult, as a female flea can lay up to 50 eggs a day. Eggs are also laid in the environment, as well as the following stages of development to the adult stage, being difficult to kill. When you see fleas on your cat, it is essential to use environmental deworming products and external deworming products for the pet. Your vet will best advise you on the right product.
The cat can be dewormed throughout the year. It is the most effective way to keep these external parasites away from your cat. Remember that even an apartment cat can have fleas, even if it has no contact with the outside world or other pets. Even we, the owners, can bring fleas on boots or clothes from outside. Therefore, preventive measures must be taken to avoid external parasitism.
Cat fleas – effective solutions against these parasites
Cat fleas can be removed using different methods. Specialty stores, as well as veterinary pharmacies, offer you a wide range of antiparasitic products. Here are the products used to remove fleas on cats:
– Pipettes and flea solutions are pipettes among the most sought-after flea removal products. They are easy to use, directly on the animal’s skin, in the neck area, and between the cat’s shoulder blades, so the cat does not end up licking. Pipettes are chosen according to the age and weight of the pet. It is advisable to remove the hair well before applying the solution, so that it comes into contact with the skin as much as possible.
Biotur provides EXTERNAL ANTI-PARASITE FOR CATS ADVANTAGE 40 CAT/RABBIT *4 PIPETS. The product can also be administered to pregnant or lactating cats. Also, the incidence of flea allergies is reduced. The larval stages are killed on the animal and the environment around the treated animals.
– Anti-flea collar – another method of combating fleas in cats is the anti-flea collar. It is an effective method and has an immediate effect. The slow-release substance eliminates fleas, and the cat benefits from protection for a long time. The BIOKILL collar offers your ideal pet protection against ectoparasites (fleas, ticks, mosquitoes), being an ecological product. It protects cats from invading external parasites, fleas, and ticks. It removes these parasites from the animal’s fur. It acts immediately and protects for four months.
– Tablets against fleas – the tablets are easy to administer and can also be slipped into the pet’s food. Once ingested, these tablets release a substance that is absorbed into the body, binds to proteins in the blood, and kills fleas and ticks as they feed. These internal deworming pills effectively protect your cat for up to 12 weeks.
Cat fleas – protect your pet with Biotur products
If you want to get rid of fleas on your cat, Biotur offers you the best products, their quality being recognized by all customers.
On the Biotur Shop platform, you will find the proper methods for removing fleas from the cat and other products for the care of small felines. Your cat deserves all the attention it deserves. Do not hesitate to call your veterinarian if you notice fleas in your cat.